Plot Summary: A young boy has an idea. The idea starts as a small golden egg in the boy's colorless world. It follows him everywhere. He can't get rid of it. The boy is afraid that his idea will not be liked by others, so he protects his idea and hides it. But soon, the idea starts to grow and the boy starts feeling better about his idea. He starts nurturing it and one day it breaks open, free, and adds new colors to the boy's life. The final line of the story is, "So what do you do with an idea? You change the world."
Posted In: Metaphysics
- Why was the boy embarrassed about his idea?
- Why did it take the boy so long to share his idea?
- Can ideas follow us around?
- Where do ideas come from?
- Do ideas add to our lives?
- Can you imagine a world without ideas?
Contributed by Gobe Hirata