The Three QuestionsAuthor: Jon J. Muth
Plot Summary: What is the best time to do things? Who is the most important one? What is the right thing to do? Nikolai knows that he wants to be the best person he can be, but often he is unsure if he is doing the right thing. So he goes to ask Leo, the wise turtle. When he arrives, the turtle is struggling to dig in his garden, and Nikolai rushes to help him. As he finishes work, a violent storm rolls in. Nikolai runs for Leo's cottage, but on his way, he hears cries for help from an injured panda. Nikolai brings her in from the cold, and then rushes back outside to rescue her baby too. Along the way, Nikolai seeks answers to his three questions.
Posted In: Ethics
- What do you think of Nikolai’s questions? Do you think they are the most important questions in life?
- What do you think are the three most important questions?
- Do you believe that what we think about these questions changes over time and with experience? Should it?
- Are the most important questions in life the same for everyone?
- How do we know the right thing to do when we are faced with a difficult decision?
- What does it mean to do the right or wrong thing?
- What does it mean to be a good person?
- How do you know if you are a good person?
- Give an example of an action that is wrong. Why do you think the action is wrong?
- Give an example of an action that is right. Why do you think the action is right?