Plot Summary: Elmer Elevator (narrator's father as a boy) runs away with an old alley cat to rescue a flying baby dragon being exploited on a faraway island. With the help of two dozen pink lollipops, rubber bands, chewing gum, and a fine-toothed comb, Elmer disarms the fiercest of beasts on Wild Island.
Posted In: Animal Rights, Epistemology
- If you were Elmer, would you have gone to Wild Island?
- How could the animals have a revolution? What do you think would cause a revolution?
- Do you think it is a good idea to befriend stray animals?
- What do you think Elmer’s parents thought when he did not come home?
- Imagine that you could stow away to a mysterious place? Would you want to go?
- How do we know the dragon wanted to be rescued?
- Could you believe someone’s story without any evidence?
Contributed by Bridget DuRuz