JOB POSTING: Development Coordinator
PLATO (Philosophy Learning and Teaching Organization) is a non-profit organization that advocates and supports introducing philosophy to pre-college students through programs, resource-sharing and the development of a national network of those working in pre-college philosophy.
PLATO seeks an experienced fundraising professional to help develop, coordinate, and administer a comprehensive fundraising plan, in collaboration with the Board of Directors. Key elements of the position include board development and training in fundraising practices, building relationships with current sponsors and members and acquiring new sponsors, and direct mail campaigns. This part-time position will be approximately 100 hours in the first year, and has the potential to expand as the organization grows. Compensation is $25 per hour.
- Manage the development and implementation of an overall fundraising plan for PLATO
- Provide information, fundraising expertise, and advice to the members of the Board of Directors on the role they can play in implementing the fundraising plan
- Research, identify, and organize a strategy, including direct mail, for acquiring new sponsors, members, and donors
- Develop and implement a stewardship plan for existing sponsors, members, and donors
- Draft development-oriented copy for use in brochures, fact sheets, the website, or social media that highlights PLATO’s mission, accomplishments, and areas in need of support
- Research grant agencies and foundations to identify potential sources of funding
- B.A. and at least three years of development experience in the non-profit sector
- Experience working with nonprofit boards and volunteers
- Ability to work independently and apply a broad knowledge of fundraising practices and strategies
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and time management skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills and experience working with social media platforms
Interested candidates should send an email message describing their interest in the position, along with an attached resume and the names and phone numbers of two references, to: email@example.com, by 5 pm November 30, 2014.